Sovereign Scrolls is a LARP, Live Action Role Playing, Game. We have a high fantasy campaign setting with steampunk elements. We are a close-knit community of gamers devoted to a safe and collaborative role play experience. We have a strong dedication to family and fun. Sovereign Scrolls has developed a culture of camaraderie and personal relationships.
We play in SE Texas at Camp Niwana, which is owned & operated by Camp Fire Southeast Texas. This is our home and we treat it as such. We volunteer and strive toward constant improvement.
The camp is located at
350 Fm 256 N ,
Woodville, TX 75979
- What is LARP?Wikipedia describes LARP as “A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters’ actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.Here at Sovereign Scrolls we have a slightly different description. To us this is the highest for of role-play. We have left the tables behind and have entered a frontier of pure immersive gaming. We are no longer confined by dice rolls and stats. We interact with our world in true sandbox style. Anything is possible.
- What are the rules?The rules are located here on the webpage as well as on our group website at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SovereignScrolls/. The rules are currently being updated. Please bear with us as we maintain the living documents that govern gameplay.
- Where can I find information about Ya’Ria, the main campaign setting for SS? All of that information is located at the above Facebook. It is also available here on our website. Stay tuned for the great archive.
- Who are my contacts?
Thomas Rocap Chapter owner firstname.lastname@example.org (409) 767-6497
Erin Deleon Chapter owner/props email@example.com
Hope Powers Player Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Wes Powers Rules Director email@example.com
How do I start a character?
Read through the IG campaign setting documents.
Decide what Race you wish to play.
- Decide what Class you wish to play.
- Choose skills in your Class for your character. Remember new characters start with 30 build, unless you are an player from another system, then you start with 35.
- Submit a backstory briefly explaining Who your character is, what his/her motivations are, and goals s/he wish to achieve.